You were once wild here. Don't let them tame you. - Isadora Duncan
In tending to the daily lists of must-be-dones, motherhood can be a lonely place where you feel like you’re the only one struggling through the unknowns. And it’s not just about having kids; it’s also about what happens after kids. Your body is different, your mind is different, your priorities are different. You are different. And that’s a beautiful thing.
But it’s hard to remember that when you look in the mirror at 4 p.m. and find a Cheerio that’s been stuck to your neck since breakfast. Because you haven’t even looked at yourself all day. But beyond the unglamorous daily grind is the you who exists underneath stained t-shirts, unkempt hair, and life in yoga pants. The sensual you. The covetable, sultry you who needs to escape once in awhile.
Motherhood is a journey, but so is womanhood. And in the many steps you take between bringing home baby and an empty nest, your biggest sacrifice often lies in tending to the you who lives beyond motherhood; the you who, no matter what, is always a woman first.
Book your EMERGE session by using the contact form (if you're on your phone scroll down to see the form) or send me an email to get the ball rolling on seeing yourself in a whole new way.
If you're inquiring about a newborn/family session or photographer mentoring, please complete this form instead of the one below.
Here's what'll happen next:
- I'll respond to your email within 48 hours.
- We'll chat more about your story and how we can make this experience meaningful for you.
- I'll send you my available dates.
- You'll say "YES, I deserve this!", and pay the session fee.
- We'll talk about how to prepare, what to wear and how to relax (yes, relax, it's going to be good!)
- I'll show up at your house with my camera and a step stool, and we'll talk Mom to Mom for a few hours while I also climb on your furniture and squeeze into corners. (And yes while doing that, I'll also make some beautiful photos for you).
- Within 2 weeks I'll send you a link to your full gallery where you can decide what prints and albums you can't live without because you've now really seen yourself.